8 List Building Strategies to Focus On For a Busy Entrepreneur
can be profitable for any business, no matter what kind of product or service you offer. It is significantly cheaper than other advertising methods and, if done right, helps build loyalty and trust with customers. As a result, you generate more sales and more profits! Who doesn’t want that??
To be successful with email marketing, the first thing you need is an email list! It is your “goldmine” because it is the “assest” of the online marketing space. It will help generate more sales and will easily scale with your business. If you’ve already built up a list of opt-in subscribers that are interested in what you have to offer, then you’ve completed the first step and are well on your way. However, if you are struggling for opt-ins and qualified leads, read on!
[feature_box style=”14″ only_advanced=”There%20are%20no%20title%20options%20for%20the%20choosen%20style” alignment=”center”]
Top Email Marketing Tools: GetResponse
, Ontraport, Campaign Monitor
Now how exactly do you go about growing your subscriber list:
[bullet_block large_icon=”39.png” width=”” alignment=”center”]
- Provide useful, relevant content. Your visitors will not give you their email addresses just because they can subscribe to your newsletter free of charge. You have to provide unique and valuable information that will be of interest or use to them.
[bullet_block large_icon=”40.png” width=”” alignment=”center”]
- Add a form to every page on your website and make it easy for readers to sign up. Make sure it stands out so it is easy to find. If it doesn’t look cluttered, you may want to include more than one on some pages. For instance, if your opt-in form always appears in the top-left corner of your site, you may want to add one at the end of your most popular articles. The more information you request, the fewer people will opt-in. In most cases, a name and an email address should suffice. You can easily do this quickly with LeadPages (LeadBoxes) or more customized using OptimizePress.
[bullet_block large_icon=”41.png” width=”” alignment=”center”]
- Provide samples of your newsletters and Ezines. And archive them. This lets potential subscribers review your materials before they sign up to determine if it’s something they’d be interested in. For example, you can see my latest Totally Tips Thursday email here. An online library of past newsletters and articles is both appealing and useful to visitors and builds your credibility as an authority. In addition, if your articles are written with good SEO techniques in mind, they can increase traffic to your website through enhanced search engine positioning.
[bullet_block large_icon=”42.png” width=”” alignment=”center”]
- Give gifts subscribers can actually use. Offer an opt-in bonus for joining your subscriber list! Write an ebook or provide a PDF business report, or even hire a programmer to create downloadable or web-based software. But don’t limit yourself to offering gifts to opt-ins. Give them out when your readers fill out a survey, provide a testimonial, success story, or a great product idea. Let them know when they can expect the next gift offer. Everyone likes to get something for free! And if you pass out ‘goodies’ throughout the year, your subscribers will feel truly appreciated − and that’s good for business!
[bullet_block large_icon=”43.png” width=”” alignment=”center”]
- Ask your subscribers to pass it on. Word of mouth is a powerful viral technique that works great with email marketing. If your subscribers find your content interesting, amusing or informative, they’ll probably share it with their friends. This can be a great source of new customers, so make sure to remind them to ‘pass it on’.
[bullet_block large_icon=”44.png” width=”” alignment=”center”]
- Include a ‘Sign Up’ button in your newsletter. If you’re using plain text instead of HTML, be sure to provide a text link to your subscription page. You may feel that this is not required because the subscriber is already on your list, but remember that readers will forward your newsletters to others, or reprint them online. Make it easy for them to subscribe!
[bullet_block large_icon=”45.png” width=”” alignment=”center”]
- Blog religiously. Blogging is a great way to communicate with prospects and potential customers, and creates a nice synergy with your email marketing. Be sure to include your newsletter sign-up form on each page of your blog. You can start a free blog at Blogger or WordPress.
[bullet_block large_icon=”46.png” width=”” alignment=”center”]
- Post on other blogs. Post thoughtful comments and information on similar blogs with a link to your squeeze or opt-in pages. Also comment on others’ blogs through trackbacks. In most cases, your comments will be posted on their blogs with a link back to your site. This is an easy way to generate new traffic and subscribers, and get your brand out there!